Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Loved-up"

You know, among friend it’s always fun to give each other a hard time now and then.
Cami sometimes likes to do that to me about the fact that for the most part I don’t like to share a lot of things that have to do with bodily fluids – Like cups, forks, Air space that contains sneeze particles – you know stuff like that.

I wasn’t even always like this. I used to share food and air space with anyone. I think this happened sometime during the Robert era. He definitely had germ issues and it has stuck! Maybe this will be more therapy that I thought for myself! - Therefore- the following:


I learned a new term this week “loved-up” is a trail word .. in the fictitious trail dictionary it might read something like: Loved-up: A Term used to describe the process of food preparation wherein lieu of cutting, chopping, or dicing the food is put into a trail-walker or young walkers mouth and masticated to in turn be spewed back out into the camping cup to be cooked then eaten at a later time with the rest of the cooked ingredients. Such as: The dried tomatoes were loved-up while preparing the lasagna.

So, this is not a process that I am the most excited about… The other walkers think it’s pretty funny and already like to give me a hard time about it. Tuesday on the trail Ramsey said to me – “hey Jera, would you love this up for me?” while handing me a clove of garlic. I gave him my best and most sincere “ Are you kidding me right now?” face, and the words came with it. He continued “ Aw, come on you can do it” - I told him no, but thanks anyway. Then he went back to Dawn- “Hey Dawn, Will you love this up for me?” She said Sure! And within seconds the garlic was ready for our rice.
I told them they could definitely skip putting it in mine, that I won’t love-up my own food yet, let alone am I ready for someone else’s lovin’. – All this protest while they scooped “my” share onto my rice uggggggggggg. I was struggling with that.

In a few minutes, the rice was ready. I asked Jonathan if he wanted to “share my rice”? He said yes! Awesome. Needless to say I gave him the generous sized top portion before I mixed in the loved up garlic –so I escaped garlic loven’ this time..
Something tells me I might not make it out of this without some loving up at some point -
It’s pretty common on the trail to love-it up then share whatever is in the cooking process among trail walkers. After Dawn had finished – Ramsey said “ Thanks! I NEVER love up garlic!” haha – Dawn smelled like garlic for two days I am sure.

8 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

Okay - that is different! I am not sure I could have any loved up food put anywhere near my food!

Janell said...

AH-HA-HA! HA-HA-HA! I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THIS!!!! She who makes folks roll down the window after they sneeze ... will be eating food after others "love it up!" HA-HA-HA-HA! Oh my, how things change! :)
-jd

Cami D. said...

Oh Jan if you could have seen her talking about it and FREAKING out (you know the hands and the gestures of them pointed down for emphasys!) Great story I would have LOVED to been there to see it!

You are brave JP...you signed up for it! HA HA! Love it up funny ha!

...and really, did ya have to say bodily fluids?

Cami D. said...

PS - i got the funniest text that said, "SICK!!! I just watched a sneeze...NO open doors! Ahhhh uggggggggggggggg Can't. Take. It!" I am LAUGHING!

MyR said...

That kinda made my stomach turn. SICK! But hey - it's natural! Isn't that how birds feed their chicks? :)

Anonymous said...

jera you should write about the camping trip that is what i am going to do
love meagan

Janell said...

Dear Jera, You are closely rivaling Aunt Carolyn as the "Worst Blogger EVER." Come on, September... it's time to post!!! :)
-jd

P.S. Love you!

Cami D. said...

Good one Jan...you know she won't read that until January!