Friday, September 19, 2008

Anasazi


So, I have been wanting to check out this Anasazi thing for a while. I know that I have been really interested in it and ‘drawn’ to it.. I have felt like it is an important piece of the ‘Happiness Clinic’.
I just completed the first week of training and I have to say I am more excited than ever to move forward with this!

As I sat in this place and watched the sun set I knew this is right where I needed to be :-)


I went in Monday morning and it felt like I had known all the trainees in my group already for years! That is so rare for me with a whole group like that! There was such a comfortable feeling there – As I went through the next few days in the wilderness of Tonto National Forrest with just the essentials –
The clothes on my back
Oats, rice and a few other nutritional food items
Water, puncho and sleeping bag
I was so excited that this whole program is based on the bare basics – Physical and emotional pureness. It’s amazing what you can feel out there for extended periods of time with no distractions.
We had an awesome experience talking with a couple of the young walkers who were going home while we were there – they truly had been transformed while they were ‘on the trail’.
There are no elusions that this is a program to ‘fix’ any one or anything though that is often the perceived result. The mission statement is to turn the hearts of the children and the parents to each other so they can weather the wilderness of life together.
I am so excited for what comes next and worried because I am such a wimp in the cold!
I need to get some WARM gear!
In the meantime I am continuing to train and learn the ‘lingo’ of the trail, and cultivate new friendships- this is going to be a fun chapter!

3 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

wow! sounds really cool! I can't wait to hear more!

Janell said...

I am SO excited that you're doing this!! Can't wait to hear tales of the trail! :)
-jd

P.S. Thanksgiving

Cami D. said...

I am SO glad you were drawn to it. I would like to be drawn...to something less 'earthy'! :) I LIKE YOU! (and your stories!)