Saturday, May 10, 2008

New York, Washington DC, Maryland,Pennsylvania

So, since about a month plus has passed since then I feel like there were so many stories and Jan and Cami captured lots of highlights so I’m not sure where to start but I just have to give a few of my memories –
1.Mediterranean food anyone? Thanks for being brave!, I guess next time it will just be baklava for one L
2. Harlem. Yep Harlem, For REAL! We took out Mothers to Harlem ( ok that is where we stayed) and they can hang with the best of them! Mom and Beth are bad to the bone
;-) haha Just kidding it turned out to be a GREAT apartment and the people were so nice! We were super close to the subway, which meant super close to EVERYTHING. We crammed a LOT in two days of NYC…
Complete city tour including Stature of Liberty, Ground Zero, 5th AVE, A funny Broadway show – “Curtains” – TWO meals of NY hot dogs and the best little pizza joint.
3. Jan got pooped on. There was not much that was incidentally funnier than that.
Smeared down her hair .. on to the back pack full on pooped on. Geeeeeeeeeeeee.
4.Are we there yet? Are we there Yet? … How close are we? -um who know that apparently after you turn 33 (?) your attention span for traveling is about two minutes longer than a 2 year old? Ok, that my be a slight exaggeration, it might be three minutes longer. – lesson learned. Learn the route before we go and if there is a car ride longer than 2 hrs.. we better have a pretty great activity in the middle somewhere! Snacks didn’t even help!... maybe next time we’ll bring a Dora show?
5. Mt Vernon. Ummmmmmm who likes hiking? That’s nice, because it’s not a real “mountain”! duh. I felt like I really was disconnected with history when we got there I got educated in a hurry. It was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. It was so inspirational regarding the morals and principals that our country was founded on.
It was uplifting and I am so glad we went there.
6. Cherry Blossoms – it was the cherry blossom parade while we were there. We did not go to the parade, but we did see all the blossoms in bloom and it was beautiful
7. Mom, Beth, Jan and Cami – Thank you for being my adventure, best friends and laughing mates on this trip it was so much fun. I love you all and I love the memories and times that were created there. THANK YOU for enriching my life daily!

No comments: