Sunday, May 11, 2008

50 first dates... or 101.. or more then you can count...


I have thought for a while that we should start a blog of it’s own called 50 1st dates and we could just blog about all the funny dating stories that happen. Being 30, single, and ‘not-shy” about the dating experience I feel like I have had my share of funny, awkward, odd and “take a step back” kind of dating experiences and that we could all get lots of entertainment from a blog like that. Well I had a date recently that was just the opposite of all those and I thought – “Hey! That was great!” That kind that makes all those other funny, awkward, odd….. moments so worth it!

We west on a hike in “God’s Country” haha – Who says that? Maybe only folks over 75 and others who shouldn’t, but it was the first thing that came to mind with the beauty of the desertscape. We went to a state park that is really tucked away. It was so close, it was ‘in my back yard’ - and I had no idea it was there. We started about an hour before sunset so while we were on the trail the sun began to set… and Wow. I could not have wanted to be in a more perfect scene. .. you know the kind where all the world feels calm and right even if you are in this amazing bubble that God created just for you-- the kind that you feel like that act of the play was truly meant just for you because it was so perfect. We were both sad we didn’t bring a camera, … next time :-)
The scenery was incredibly awesome and the company was even better!

Don, if it just takes 3…. One down, haha

So here is to amazing new hikes and great 1st dates -

2 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

wow! Who is this boy? Sounds like a keeper!

Cami D. said...

Ha ha why didn't you talk abothe crouching down - is that the look part? HA HA Ha!ut t