Sunday, May 11, 2008

My AMAZING MOM!







Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
Each day I am grateful to have been blessed by the guidance of my mother! Her love and kindness towards others has made me strive to offer that in my relationships. Her faith is an inspiration to me. I am so amazed at the strength it would take to decide as a teenager that you wanted to join the church – with all of the other things a teenager could be pursuing. My Mom was a pioneer for her family and I am so grateful! Her faith has made mine possible.
To become a member of the church at 18 and marry my Dad, and have Ken so shortly after I can only imagine what a year that would be! She is such a servant of truth and light.
The depth that she feels love for her family and others is so tangible. She is always serving, whether it’s Sunday dinner, visits to those in need, spending time with her grandchildren… she just makes this world a better place.
I tell her that the older I get the more I become like her each day… and I am so glad! I am so grateful for the part that I just do without thinking because “that’s how My Mom does it!” I am grateful for the legacy that will live on from the valiant habits she has with out even recognizing it.
I love that have inherited funny little quirks too – like her ability to just sleep when she gets tired ;-) Or to see people for who they really are, and want to see then reach their divine potential and cheer them on.
My Mom has natural curiosity and wonder that she gave to her children, she is Christ-like and childlike all at once.
I love My Mom, I am so glad you are mine and I am yours!

3 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

Jera...Your mom is amazing! I have only met her once, but she had you and you are the most sincere person I know! And welcome back to blogging!

Idaho Penningtons said...

I love your mom!!! She is Amazing!

Beth/Grandma D. said...

I love your mom too. She is so great! Soooo that makes you great too! I am glad we have been able to spend some time together on our super mother/daughter get aways.