Monday, January 7, 2008

Dad's Surgery


After having double knee surgery, my Dad is such a trooper! I talked to my Mom on Sat night about how everything was going. She said that he was about to take his 2nd lap around his little unit area (He was supposed to take one, but he was going for the Gold!) so we talked as they walked… he is doing far better then expected already and everyone is notably impressed.
Haha – my Dad is stronger than your Dad!
So as they began their 3rd lap! - my Mom started to giggle.. I asked what was happening.
She said that Dad was feeling so good that he decided to “show off” by lifting and carrying his walker around this time!
I told her that he was showing off for HER , showing her how tough and strong he was. She started to giggle again. I asked her if that was ‘sexy?’ and after more giggles she said.
“no.”
“He does not look very sexy right now. He looks a little worn out, tired and he’s in a hospital gown, so that is not sexy either”
I told that a hospital gown could be sexy… and asked if he flashed her with his little bum yet? - She giggled some more and said "no"
Then the Doctor came by, so it was time for them to go.
I hope that when I am 65-70 & more, I will be with the one I love laughing, loving and growing with them still creating memories like my parents do. I LOVE them!

4 comments:

MyR said...

This made me laugh out loud! You are funny!

MyR said...

And I'm glad your dad is doing so well!

Idaho Penningtons said...

They really are out of the norm. People don't stick together that long! I am hoping along right with you sista!!

MyR said...

I'm bored of your blog. It's time for a new post....PLEEEEEZE???