Sunday, August 10, 2008

No Mud Football this year -

So, Last weekend I was able to go up to Cami’s B-13 Family reunion. They have this reunion every year, but I have not been in quite a while. I have been in AZ 6 years this month- And I think I went to a reunion during my 2nd summer – and that might have been the last time. ( Mud football and all!) The picture is from the last one I went to.

Since I have known Cami and her family I think I have met just about everyone at least once…. Except the Elusive Uncle Dennis! In all my years around their family circle he has always eluded me. I have even met all of his kids. This year Uncle Dennis was there too! It was great, and I feel some sense of accomplishment having finally met him :-) . Thanks Uncle Dennis -
The weekend was fantastic! Not only was I in fabulous company but the setting as I mentioned earlier is always perfect! Cami and her family have introduced my to the card game of Nertz ( I think Rachel might of a long time ago before I met Cami, but I only played once and it was pretty much a blurrrr - which is really not so different than it is for me now haha) I am sure that if there was Olympic Nertz that the Gold, Silver and Bronze metals would all go to members of Cami’s family! They are really really good at it, and if they had a family mascot that could be a game I am certain it would be Nertz! They play for hours upon hours on end, go into “tournaments”, team competition and even a tag team of sorts… it can get brutal, but all in good fun. This year was no exception and it was fun to play, and watch, and listen – I had a great time up there!
Monday night we went over to Phil and Kierstin’s for some BLACKBERRY COBBLER! So, I am pretty sure that I am Kierstin’s favorite :-) --- She had me over for cobbler! It was awesome and I love hanging out with them (cobbler or not, but hey- I don’t think I’ll ever turn down cobbler!)

2 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

Wow! That looks like fun!

Cami D. said...

Ah ha ha ha there is a Nertz Association? How are we not members? It's true, we have tournaments. This year was pretty low key, no mud football, no relay races, no dancing with cousins but lots of laughs, food and games! Thanks for loving my family and spending time in our 'world'! You're a part of us!