Sunday, December 23, 2007

It is all about HOME! I love Christmas! – contrary to the perception some have seemed to think… I love this season for so many reasons. I have been told that “YOU (me) don’t like Christmas” and I can only hypothesize that people like to tell me how I feel about this holiday because I have been vocal about my lack of interest in that “commercialization and gift process” of the holiday -Janell – isn’t it great when people tell you what you like or not? Haha – you WILL like this! :-)
Anyways- I LOVE being home, especially this time of year. I love the smell of littliehood that wraps around me when I walk in the door and I wonder if that is what Heaven will smell like.
I have been told --- just once or twice that I am a bit ‘spoiled’ hummmmmm, I understand that I am in not position to contest that, because I am VERY spoiled and nothing makes me feel it more than being surrounded by family who gives me more love than I can receive. Truly nothing is more spoiling that being ‘home” – everything feels decadent here from the deep emerald greens of the deep thick forest, the delicious desserts of every kind, endless warmth from hugs and kisses, how can life be better?
Each year that goes by I feel that I understand more and more how my parents are the ultimate example of my Heavenly Parents. I only hope that I can emulate them when I have a family of my own. I love this time of year. I love the Savior, the reason for expanding our hearts.

4 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

You should write poetry! How fun to be home! We will be there soon!

Cami D. said...

I just love YOU! Ha ha!

Dear Jera,
When you vocalize things such as, "Ugh I hate stuff" it brings one to think not to give you "stuff". When you vocalize, "I don't like Arby's" one would think you didn't like Arby's even when later on you try to act like you're ok with it. HA I AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD. Yes you have given the "impression" of your 'lack of interest' per say in Christmas...as in the whimsical, gifts, pressure of gifts (when you are not a shopper) and the comercialization of Christmas BUT it all but I knew you loved it! Ha ha I think you even shopped this year.

I am glad you are having such a good time with your family! They are great - tell them all hello!

Beth/Grandma D. said...

I am so glad you are having a great time with your family and getting to FEEL home.
Come visit your Show low home soon. Have a fun New Year. It will be a GREAT one!

MyR said...

I understand how great HOME feels and I can't wait to go HOME again! :) You are so great! I love to read your wisdom!