Sunday, May 3, 2009

Marley and Mylife

For those of us who have seen Marley & Me, I feel like my life has been like the part where he goes into auto mode : about walk Marley, wrote column about blah blah, chased Marley, met Gloria Estefan and Jen went crazy, .. anyways if you saw it you know what I mean - so has been my life for the past few days since I wrote last, please refer to the scene of said movie:
-Hung out with cool people
-Tried e harmony -what a joke, not one match (in the whole world!)
-Tried match.com because a friend had four personal testimonials about it – what a joke I need to take Elder Oaks direction! Not one match, (somewhere in my mind I'm in-between the realization of not one match in the whole world and I believe in amazing miracles because I see them everyday! – Haha)
- Lots of birthdays and celebrations: Aunt Eunice, Steve, Kierstin, Levi, U. Don & A. Eunice Anniversary, Alysa, Jackie
- Didn’t make time for visiting teaching, felt bad about that
- Did make time for Ultimate Frisbee, Loved it
- hung out with Alysa and Kaycee – amazed at how perfect a little human can be, and how fast they grow!
- went on a quazi-date and was introduced to Geocaching
- Went on trail, had Bobcat come right into Camp! Got a bit freaked out and excited all at the same time.
- Saw my first Javalina and scorpion on the trail
- It got so warm on the trail, RS season started already
- met the coolest kids on the trail
- tried to me social in effort to meet my husband, went two a couple of parties, it was painful – I think Cami & I came home and cried. One more social setting we know we don’t have to attend anymore – unless I decide that 40 yr olds with red-vine straws in their rootbeer, saving their gum un top of the can for later is as cool as it was when I was 6, or when I’m hanging out with Levi and Aaron.
- Dustin Graduated from UTI! He’s a Rock Star, had a couple of cool conversations with him – I love to see the man that he’s becoming each day!
- Took Porter, Bryant, Meagan and Heidi to the Chaparral Sharks Spring carnival – It was a blast! Even Heidi climbed the rock wall and we ALL got in the jousting bounce and tried to knock each other out – Porter isn’t little anymore, Hahah we had so much fun, thank you Cami and Shannon!
- AZ Pennington’s spent the night for the first time since I don’t remember when – and we went Geocaching, heidi found ‘treasures’ it was a blast.
- more birthdays and Celebrations: Cami, Jeavoni, Chantel, A. Pat, Makenzie, Ariona, Zachary, and Ryan
- Didn’t make time for visiting teaching, felt bad about that
- Did make time for Ultimate Frisbee, Loved it - humm did I notice something?
- April fools, got duped by a pre-pay your ticket gig on the radio. They did a good job!
- fell IN LOVE several times in April
- Went to Oregon for Makayla & Collins Wedding
- went to Olympia and spent the night with the family @ Dean & Chantels new home (fell in love, I LOVE it there)
- went to Don and Dee-Anna’s passing through (fell in love, I forget how much I enjoy these little communities)
- spent several days in GP, loved visiting Grandparents! I love my “roots”
- Went to see Medford family, got to see Jeavoni in car negotiations J 16 was so fun
- went back up to Corvallis, spent some time hanging out – went on a date
- Felt strengthened from being home
- Brought Chelsea back to AZ for the summer
- had a fun car trip, made it on one day
- Effie re-emerged – I love that little guy. I spend as much time with him as I can. He usually stays in my room so I can see him when I first wake up, and when I go to bed. He’s a great companion, a great listener and so much more!!
- Mom came to AZ, we loved having her here for the week. It went super fast – we kept things low-key for her, so she could get a nap in each day like a real vacation
- Birthdays and Celebrations: Sam, Phil, Mike, Stuart, MOM, Meagan
- Didn’t make time for visiting teaching, felt bad about that
- Did make time for Ultimate Frisbee, Loved it - OK, It’s a little obvious, I get it.
- Decided in May that we would go off Sugar!
- Decided that first we needed to go to Thatcher and visit so we could get some world famous Rootbeer before our month of no-sugar, so we would start on the 3rd instead of the 1st
- we drove to Thatcher for the day… as the music plays.
- hung out with the coolest people, missed the Cinco De Mayo parade, made it to the restaurant and were filled to the brim 4 times with rootbeer!
- GOT PECANS!!! Thank you Everyone!
- Adam said “You’ll never be able to give up sugar, sugar is the new “Crack”
- Recapped the day, laughed and talked on the way home, then fell asleep I love road trips! (thank you Cami for always being able to drive home!)
- Two minutes before midnight I ate the most delisous Blackberry little ‘pie’ as one last hoo-rahh – apparently not to be confused with hoo-haww
- went to bed @ 12:15 knowing it had been 15 minutes since I’d had sugar.

5 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

No sugar. tried that. really hard. tried again many times. failed again many times. I am in agreement - sugar is the new crack!

Cami D. said...

Well if that wasn't the most confusing, I need a key to decipher your randomness, you lie you don't really feel bad about not Visiting Teaching, Thatcher was so fun, you got your nuts, life in a crazy nutshell blog post I don't know what is!

FYI - you CAN save your blog in blogger and don't have to type it in word AND I'm proud of you for staying awake for 30 whole minutes when we got in the car last night! I LIKE YOU!

Cami D. said...

Correction...for 1 hour! Congratulations...6 years later you made it past the 30 minute mark!

Janell said...

LAUGH-ING, LAUGH-ING! :) I am surprised that you stayed awake...at all. Good girl!

I think you really need to make time for Visiting Teaching in June... so you can stop feeling bad about that! :) Besides, you only have to go into their homes once every 3 months (according to the handbook) so you're good! See? No more Mormon guilt!

You are FUNNY JUNK, Jera Pennington! :)
-jd

Christy said...

Jera, I think you have the most amazing life. You give to all of us and we are so blessed for you. Thank you for sharing you with us. Your example and motivation inspires me. Keep up enjoying life. Don't stress over the stuff you don't have control. Remember you are known and ALL things will be fulfilled for those who keep striving. I love you so Much.
Christy